As Tri-State movers, we have experienced many different relocations. Here are the top five of the most common mistakes we see when moving and tips on how to avoid them.
- Trying to move yourself. No matter how small your relocation may be, it is never worth the risk of moving yourself. Professionals undergo training to learn how to properly package, transport and deliver your boxes. It is easy to damage your items or even injure yourself while moving. Hire a professional to be sure that you and your belongings are safe.
- Not labeling boxes. Incorrectly labeled boxes or unlabeled boxes can waste a lot of time and money. By ensuring that all of your boxes are properly and very clearly labeled, you can be sure that your move will be smooth and efficient.
- Underestimating the items you have. You may not have noticed, but in the years you have spent at your current residence you have collected many items. Premier Manhattan moving services will offer you a free in-home estimate to be sure that all of your items are accounted for from the beginning.
- Moving things you don’t need. Throwing away broken items and donating those that you don’t use anymore will ensure that you aren’t wasting valuable moving space and time.
- Waiting until the last minute. Many homeowners become overwhelmed with all of the moving preparation the week before the relocation. By beginning preparations a couple of weeks in advance, you can have a smoother and more efficient relocation.
TagsCommon Moving Mistakes
Subscribe to Morgan Manhattan's Blog